Summer intern as Quant Analyst
Would you like a summer internship for 6-8 weeks in a pioneering, knowledge-based shipping company that always challenges status quo?
We are now seeking a Quant Analyst – Summer intern to our Research department in Oslo. As a Quant Analyst – Summer intern, you will help in developing quantitative models for fundamental analysis of the Drybulk freight market.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct statistical analysis of different types of data to reveal patterns that would impact the forecasts made by the research department.
- Devise and evaluate mathematical models that can be used to draw inference about the shipping market.
- Contribute with models that are built on thorough analysis of futures prices and fundamental data.
- Insight in quantitative modelling and how to communicate the ideas behind the models.
- Experience in employing mathematical methods to draw inference from various types of data.
- Knowledge of time series analysis, regression models, statistical inference.
- Keen to gain practical experience in how to develop models utilized in a real-world business environment.
- Experience with R, Python, C++ or in a similar programming language.
- Some knowledge of stochastic calculus is desirable but not necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
- 3rd or 4th year student in mathematics, statistics or a similar degree
- A great opportunity to practise your knowledge together with experienced professionals in a company with high activity and great ambitions for the future.
- An internship for 6-8 weeks in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact
Quant Analyst, Kristoffer Hovland Berg, phone +47 2252 6159/+47 413 33 909 or
Head of Research, Peter Lindström, phone +47 2252 6057/+47 901 05 496.
Application for the position, your CV and latest degrees to be sent as soon as possible to email@example.com marked “Quant Analyst – Summer intern”.