Business Development Representative in Klaveness Digital
Do you want to help us bring shipping and logistics into the digital age?
Klaveness Digital is a Norwegian technology company on a mission to bring shipping and logistics into the digital age. With our team of software engineers, data scientists, shipping, and logistics specialists in Oslo and Singapore, we help global companies take better informed decisions. We build intelligent shipping and logistics solutions using the latest advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our products and services are designed to give companies end to end visibility with real-time and predictive shipping and logistics.
We are now looking for passionate, like-minded individuals to join our team and be part of our exciting quest! If you like fast-paced, innovative, and fun teams who love solving big problems with modern technology, you have come to the right place.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who can help us identify and create new business opportunities by entering into dialogue with potential customers, understanding their needs and ultimately proposing solutions to their challenges. Our first product ‘CARGO’ is now ready for a wider launch and we are looking for the right person to take this to market.
As one of the first members on our sales team, you will play an important role in shaping the sales process and driving growth. We are looking for an individual who is startup-minded, passionate about working in the intersection between technology and shipping and eager to help customers improve their seaborne logistics using technology.
What success looks like to us:
- Successful market entry
- Outstanding sales results, with large volume of new accounts
- Healthy pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Establish long-term customer relationships
Activities leading to success:
- Identify and create new qualified opportunities through phone calls, email and meetings for our Account Executives in Oslo
- Work closely with the CARGO team in Oslo to follow up qualified leads, take part in product development and create customer strategies
- Work closely with chartering team in Oslo to cultivate existing relationships and generate new leads
- Demonstrate the CARGO platform to potential clients (Meetings and video conference)
- Contribute in creating sales templates and e-mail scripts (E-mail and phone)
- Create content (e.g., blog posts) about industry challenges such as complex sourcing, demurrage, lack of transparency, cost of high inventory buffers etc.
- Attend trade shows, industry conferences etc. to meet potential leads
- Contribute to the establishment of scalable sales processes (CRM and sales system)
- Manage and track your pipeline using our CRM and sales tools (Hubspot)
This is you:
- You have interest in logistics, supply chain and/or shipping
- You are early in your career, but you have a solid track record of business development and sales (preferably SaaS B2B sales)
- or Msc. within a relevant field
- You are a natural relationship builder
- You are skillful at passing gatekeepers
- Excellent English language skills
- Real passion for learning new things
- You understand that start-up mentality means doing both high and low level tasks
- You like to be measured by both activity and results, because you are confident you can carry your own weight.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to develop both our product and organisation
- Competitive compensation package
- Global team and traveling
- Being part of a start-up journey
- Being part of transforming a traditional global industry
- Work with industry leading people
About the employer
Klaveness Digital is a Norwegian technology company on a mission to bring shipping and logistics into the digital age. With our team of software engineers, data scientists, shipping, and logistics specialists in Oslo and Singapore, we help global companies take better informed decisions.
On the back of our 70-year old shipping heritage from Torvald Klaveness, we are uniquely positioned to help organizations achieve real-time and predictive logistics using the latest advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our small, but growing team is made up of distinct profiles with experience from the global shipping industry, tech community and startup sphere. We are all working together to change a traditional industry driven by email and spreadsheets to one driven by real-time data, actionable insight and increased collaboration.
Today we are a stand alone company responsible for a portfolio of products and services used by leading companies in the metal and mining, agriculture, energy, shipping and logistics industries. With our customers¿ valuable feedback, we are able to continuously improve our products to make sure they stay ahead in a constantly changing market.
If you have any questions about this position, contact Palak Bisen, Talent Acquisition Consultant in First Engineers at mobile +47 934 78 330.
Deadline for applying is 12 June 2018. Apply for position