Data Scientist in Klaveness Research
We are now seeking a Data Scientist to join the Research department in Oslo. The role of the research department is to facilitate correct position taking in both the short-term physical freight spot market and in the derivates market.
Would you like to join a pioneering, knowledge-based shipping company that always challenges status quo, with an aim to be a leading digital operator? Our vision is to improve the nature of shipping, and we are always looking for new solutions.
Core responsibilities will be:
- Identify/create new machine learning features in collaboration with the rest of the research team
- Pre-process unstructured and structured historical fundamental/price data.
- Build models using machine learning techniques to predict either the freight level on a physical sub-route or the price in the derivate market
- Discuss model with the research team and reiterate if necessary
The ideal candidate would also be able to:
- Create and backtest trading strategies based on signals from models in collaboration with position takers
- Automate and deploy model/trade signals through a web service
- Experience in the use of quantitative models, Data Structures, Algorithms, Predictive Modelling, Time Series, Statistics, and Technical Analyses.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Good scripting and programming skills and advanced experience with R
- Ability to deploy solutions into a production environment
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to real world financial problems
- Ability to communicate findings to non-technical business users
Qualifications and experience:
- Master of Science in ICT, computer science, informatics or industrial economy with excellent results
- Preferably 2-5 years of relevant work experience, but exceptional graduates with interest for financial markets will be considered
- Strong interest in working in the maritime industry
- An exciting job in an international company with high activity and great ambitions for the future
- A unique opportunity to pioneer the usage of machine learning models in an industry with low adoption
- Existing infrastructure for pre-processing and deployment of models
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- A good working environment in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo
If you have any questions, please contact Tor Daneshmand at First Engineers: email@example.com or apply here: