Marine Superintendent – Oil Tanker Vetting
Klaveness Combination Carriers has a fleet of 9 specialized CABU combination carriers and a fleet of 8 CLEANBUs whereof 6 is under construction. The CLEANBUs are 83,000 DWT combination carriers with the ability to carry petroleum, chemicals and dry bulk. This flexibility provides operational profiles with significantly less ballast voyages and CO2 emissions per ton mile.
Learn more about the combination carriers at www.combinationcarriers.com
Are you a Superintendent with experience from oil tanker vetting, and have a keen interest in Quality Management Systems? To strengthen our Ship Management team in Oslo, we are seeking a Marine Superintendent who will be responsible for vetting activities on our new CLEANBU fleet.
Your primary role will be to ensure safe operations of the vessels, compliance to all international marine requirements, and to ensure that the vessels are approved by all target customers in target trades.
The position is a key role in an integrated team working closely together to ensure efficient communication lines and strong experience sharing loops between chartering, commercial operation, technical management, ship management and project as well as Klaveness top management. We emphasize team work and collective efforts as the most effective way to develop our company towards operations excellence.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Assist management in developing oil tanker culture, skills and competence across the organization
- Plan, prepare, execute and follow up vetting inspections
- Plan, prepare, execute and follow up TMSA audits
- Conduct internal audits, including navigation audits
- Carry out regular ship inspections
- Be proactive and monitor legislative changes and industry recommendations to ensure compliance to relevant marine regulations
- Follow up reporting from the fleet and ensure identified findings are handled and processed in a professional and transparent way
- Oversee marine operations activities and ensure implementation of our QMS, with a specific focus on deck/navigation.
- Propose improvements and contribute to continuous development of our QMS
- Assist in the ship management activities as required
- Structured, professional and constructive
- Proactive, with high interest in Maritime standards/QMS
- Progressive and open mindset with respect to use of digital tools and systems and new ways to solve conventional tasks
- Curious and fast learner
- Able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient and transparent way
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel, also on short notice
Qualifications and experience:
- Master license and sailing background on tankers
- Experience either from vetting execution for a ship owner and/or for an oil company
- High knowledge of governing rules and regulations
- Good communicator, proficient in spoken and written English
- An exciting job in an international company with great ambitions for the future
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- A great working environment in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Jan Erik Rogde, Head of Klaveness Ship Management AS on +47 926 01 295.
Your cover letter/application including CV transcripts and an optional short introduction video to be sent as soon as possible via link: https://app.cvideo.no/stilling/1536