Pushing limits in support of the local community this weekend
Sunday morning 17 Klaveness staff and family members met up by the Float at Marina Bay in Singapore to take on 5K or 10K in the early morning hours. The SIA Charity run is one of the charity activities Singapore Airlines is organizing as part of their 70th Anniversary celebration. The proceeds raised from the run all go to the Community Chest. Head of Klaveness Singapore, Punit Oza ran the 5K and said, “we think it’s a great way to contribute and it also engages staff and promotes a healthy lifestyle which is fun to see”.
About the Community Chest
The Community Chest is the fund-raising and engagement arm of the National Council of Social Service, and was founded back in 1983 to raise funds for Singapore’s many social service organizations so they can focus on their primary responsibility of caring for and serving the needy.
- The proceeds from the run will go towards helping:
- Adults with disabilities to integrate into society
- Children with special needs and youth-at-risk to reach their potential
- Families in difficulty to stay resilient
- Persons with mental health issues to integrate into society
- Senior to age gracefully into the community
If you are interested in learning more about the initiative visit SIA Charity Run