Senior Manager, Commercial Ship Operations – Tanker & Dry Bulk (Combi)
Klaveness Combination Carriers has a fleet of 9 specialized CABU combination carriers and a fleet of 8 CLEANBUs whereof 7 is under construction. The combination carriers are designed to carry both wet and dry cargoes. This flexibility provides operational profiles with significantly less ballast voyages and CO2 emissions per ton mile.
Learn more about the combination carriers at www.combinationcarriers.com
To strengthen our Commercial Ship Operations team in Singapore, we are seeking a Senior Operations Manager who will be responsible for operating our Combinations Carriers in the Pacific. Active engagement with clients, terminal owners and authorities in loading and discharge ports will be needed depending on trade routes and new cargoes.
We emphasize team work and collective efforts as the most effective way to develop our company towards operations excellence.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Capable of operating 8-10 vessels independently including full remit of end to end voyage operations, incl but not limited to laytime, bunkering, hire payments, claims etc.
- Fully responsible for voyage result – expense & revenue
- Full remit of commercial ship operations – Liaising with Master, Agents, Brokers, Owners, Charterers – Voyage Instructions, Stowage optimization, Hire, Bunkers etc
- Will be handling a large variety of dry and wet cargoes requiring thorough cleaning of cargo holds after completion of each discharge operation– knowledge of cleaning operations, chemicals & equipment is an advantage
- Act as advisor and point of contact for internal departments & external clients
- Will have support from Klaveness’ Marine Accounting department, Bunker Desk and Freight & Laytime Desk
- Proactive, with strong interest in operations standards
- Able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient and transparent way
- Strong IT skills and high acumen for digital initiatives
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Eager to initiate new projects to improve efficiency and digitalization in business
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Qualifications and experience:
- Class 1 or Class 2 Deck COC Holder – Mandatory
- Deck Officer Sailing experience on Tankers (MR/LR) – Mandatory
- Min 1-2 yrs experience ashore in Commercial Operations (vessel operator experience preferred)
- Experience from operation of MR and/or LR tankers in CPP Trades– added advantage
- Bulk Carrier cargo knowledge and trade requirements – added advantage
- Combination Carrier sailing or commercial Experience – added advantage
- Good communicator, proficient in spoken and written English
- Candidates without dry bulk commercial operations experience may be considered subject to strong understanding of commercial principles – as long as worked in a similar commercial environment
- An exciting job in an international company with great ambitions for the future
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- A great working environment in modern offices in Singapore
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Per Erik Olsen, Head of Commercial Ship Operations +47 913 22 906.
Your cover letter/application including CV transcripts and an optional short introduction video to be sent as soon as possible via link: https://app.cvideo.no/stilling/1618
Learn more about how Klaveness process your personal data during a recruitment process: Klaveness Recruitment Privacy Notice